Saturday, September 25, 2010

Disappointment: An encouraging road to the greater good?

Today was the Swinburne Carnival, held in conjunction with Swinburne's 10th anniversary. It was one tiring day (being the club's official tourist is tiring), but things went well. I do have bits of disappointments regarding the carnival. For starters, we had a bad start regarding one of our activities (it didn't sell very well), forcing us to close it down. Next, the long-awaited project (a.k.a. the flash-mob) didn't work. Finally, I lost both my bags (later recovered).

Yet, despite these setbacks, I was not as panicked as I usually was. Deep in my heart, I somehow knew that there's a reason for all these setbacks. Instead of trying to look at the negatives, decided to see the good side of it all. Even though that one particular activity did not go well, we were together at the beginning, planning all of these activities. Somehow, it brought us closer, closer than any other blood-bonding.

For the failed project, at least I've got new friends. It actually gave me the opportunity to meet people of different colours (I'm not talking about only skin-tones) and interacting with them. This 'failure' actually helped me to open up to people. No longer was I as reserved as I was before.

Finally, about the missing bags. I'm thankful that there's still kind-hearted people in this world. The fact that the guards who were patrolling placed my bags (plus another friend's bag) in a safe place, concerned about theft confirms my beliefs. I knew that those bags were safe, somehow. I just didn't know where and who has my bags.

Normally, if only one of these events occurs, I would have panicked like a madman. But, thank God, there's blessings behind every uncertainties. Imagine if I hadn't listened to my heart. I believed that what happened today was rewarding, because God is one mysterious Father. We just couldn't fathom what He has in mind for us.

Had to go home now. I need to feed my cats (possibly a dog, as well).

Until next time.......

No comments: